Image

Image

Saturday, November 27, 2010

Family Tree Quilt


In May I attended HMQS in Salt Lake City. HMQS is a great place to take machine quilting classes and they have a wonderful quilt show and merchant mall. During my trip, my friend Stephanie and I just had to check out the local quilt shops. At one of the shops I saw this quilt. I bet I spent a half and hour looking at it. It  is truly amazing! I've started my own version of this quilt. It is done using needle turn applique and some embroidery. Embroidery is something my mother used to do and I swore it was not going to be something I would never do. I tried it as a child and hated it.  Well never say never! I liked this quilt so much that I have taken the plunge. I've discovered that embroidery is not as bad as I thought is was. I wish now that I had learned a few stitiches from my mother.  The pattern was designed by Lori Holt of Bee in My Bonnet Company. This quilt has been so fun to work on. I'm sure it is going to take me a few years to complete but when it is done it will be so worth it.  Check out Lori's blog to see close ups of the blocks.

No comments:

Post a Comment