Image

Image

Wednesday, May 16, 2012

HMQS 2012

I love to learn new things. Each year I treat myself to a week of learning at one of the many Quilting Conferences held throughout the USA. I have been to Innovations in Tacoma Washington, to MQX in New Hampshire and HMQS in Salt Lake City.  Each of the conferences have a quilt show, classes with amazing instructors and of course merchants.  Lots and lots of merchants! The Conference in Salt Lake City is my favorite. This was my 5th year attending that show.

I look forward to this week for the whole year! This year I was able to take classes with Dusty Farrell. Cathy Franks, Carmen Geddes, Bobbie Bergquist, Sally Terry, Jennifer Alexander, Renae Haddadin, Judy Woodworth and Sue Patten.

Each instructor is a amazing at what they do. Sometimes I take classes to learn a new skill. Sometimes I take them for inspiration or to learn something I've never tried.  I thought you might enjoy a few picture of these talented instructors work.

Cathy Franks is an international award winning  quilt artist. Here is an example of her work.

1250_img_0949.jpg

Dusty Farrell's  White Tail Deer quilt has won many award.  He is well know for his Quilting in the Dark Class. Check out this class on utube. It is free motion longarm quilting in the dark using ultraviolet light and uv reactive threads. I took his Echo Puzzle class.


Renae Haddadin's quilts are amazing! She is well know for her amazing rays.




Sue Patten is a Canadian quilter we can be very proud of . Her quilts are are the best use of thread I have ever seen. Sue uses verigated threads and counts the stitches to achieve the colors you see in her quilts.


I'll share more another day!

No comments:

Post a Comment